Remodeling projects are meant to refresh your existing space and give it a more elevated look according to the trends and your lifestyle.
Even though remodeling your kitchen can be costly, it is possible to achieve this dream. The great thing about remodeling the kitchen is that there are so many styles you can choose from. From classic to contemporary and country to industrial, you can make your space uniquely yours.
As kitchen remodeling contractors, we hold our client’s hands from the conceptualization stage to the end.
Still, many decisions are on you as the homeowner, so you need to have a rough idea of what the process entails and, of course, a vision of what you need.
We have this well-detailed guide to make the process less complicated.
Kitchen Remodeling Vs. Kitchen Renovation; What’s the Difference?
These two have a slight difference. Renovation focuses on improving, fixing, or repairing the look and feel of the room without interfering with the structure and often not adding any new features. It involves little to no demolition.
On the other hand, remodeling is a more extensive process that involves upgrading your kitchen.
Even though it is subject to the same things as renovation, it also entails adding new features and removing others, which results in a total transformation of the room’s look and feel.
There is quite a bit of overlap between the two, but they are essentially about elevating your space.
Which one should you choose?
Both will benefit your home in different ways because they focus on various aspects of the kitchen space. Renovation focuses on minor improvements, while remodeling affects every part of the space, from kitchen countertops to flooring to cabinets to appliances.
So, you must decide:
- Do you want a total transformation or just a few improvements to the existing things?
- Do You want to keep the structure intact, or do you want to modify it?
- Do you have the budget for it? (do not worry too much about this because you can always get a good deal with us)
- Do you want to replace old things with new ones or keep the existing elements?
Preparing for the Remodeling Process
Remodeling an entire kitchen is a big project that needs to be planned and well thought out.
There are many factors to consider when remodeling the space, including budgeting for the project, defining your style, and ensuring you have enough room for all the new appliances.
This can be a little stressful and exhausting at first, but if you follow these tips, you will make it easier on yourself.
Create a vision and write it down
This is the most crucial step in planning your kitchen remodeling project. You must know what you want and how much you are willing to spend. Otherwise, you will get overwhelmed by all the options out there.
Start by asking yourself what can be improved in your kitchen, whether the project is about aesthetics or functionality, and what you like and dislike about the space.
Once you have all these listed in one place, it will be easier to sort out everything and prioritize them.
Before doing this, though, walk around your kitchen and try to think of the best configuration possible. You’ll get overwhelmed if you start thinking about how much this project will cost or only focus on aesthetics.
Budgeting for the remodeling project
A kitchen remodeling project can run from $100 to $250 per square foot, with a narrow range between them.
The costs vary depending on the project, the timeline, and the size of your kitchen.
For example, if you only want to upgrade your appliances, electrical, and plumbing, a smaller project will cost around $5,000- $10,000. On the other hand, a more extensive project with complete remodeling can cost anywhere from $10,000 to about $200,000.
It all depends on the project you want to do, but the best and safest way is to find a kitchen remodeler that you can trust.
Bringing in the experts
You now know your vision and how much you are willing to spend on the project.
It is now time to bring in professionals. There are several contractors to choose from, so ensure you do your due diligence.
Remodeling a kitchen can be complicated and frustrating, but it can be the best experience of your life if you let it.
Some of the perks of working with a professional include the following:
- Expert advice on your project, from the layout to the appliances and everything in between.
- Experienced workers know what they are doing and can do an amazing job.
- Warranties for appliances and fixtures.
- Extra features like a custom island, stone backsplash, or laser-level installation.
- Design services to create customized designs according to your needs.
- Constant support throughout the entire process.
- Peace of mind from all the stress and the fact that your kitchen is in expert hands
A reliable kitchen remodeling contractor will help you stay focused on what you want while they do all the dirty work behind the scenes. All you need to do is explain your vision and follow their progress.
Planning your remodeling project
Once everything has been agreed upon, and you have your contractor, it is time to start taking care of the details.
This means making a realistic plan for the project and keeping in mind all the aspects of it.
We usually have to deal with the following things:
- Designing the project
- Planning it in terms of time and materials
- Ordering materials and equipment
- Assembling a team
- Repairing or removing existing elements, if needed.
We can help you with this process and make it a smooth one. We have all the experience necessary to deal with any situation from start to finish.
The planning stage is where your work ends, and the contractor takes over. All you have to do now is check the progress occasionally to ensure everything is as you wanted it.
What are the Features/Things to Concentrate on During a Kitchen Remodel?
The kitchen is enormous with many things, but certain things impact the most, and your focus should be more on them. They include:
- Flooring: A solid foundation for your kitchen remodeling project is a must-have. Focus on the quality of your flooring. Never sacrifice it for something cheaper.
- Cabinetry: This is another factor that will add value to your kitchen and make it worth more. Consider painting or staining the cabinets to give them an updated look, or you could change the door style, add a few new ones or install open shelving.
- Counters: The counters usually impact a kitchen’s appearance the most. They also provide space for your appliances and should be something you choose wisely.
- Lighting: The correct lighting will give a remarkable ambiance and make your kitchen look bigger and brighter. But, ensure the lighting is bright enough to see everything clearly but not too much that’s distracting or uncomfortable.
- Fixtures: The fixtures surrounding your sink and the kitchen will make a difference in your kitchen’s appearance. Consider replacing some of them to give your kitchen a newer look.
- Appliances: Appliances can make or break the look of your kitchen and should be chosen carefully. It might require research because the many options can confuse you even more. Your contractor should be able to help accordingly.
- Storage space: You don’t want clutter in your new kitchen, and enough storage will help tuck everything away perfectly. A lazy Susan below your counters, an open shelf above the stove top, and open storage cabinets are a few things to look for in this area.
Focusing more on these seven features will help you get the most out of a kitchen remodeling project.
Get Professional Kitchen Remodeling Services in Worcester MA
At I&J Home Improvement, we understand how much your kitchen remodeling project means to you. So, we stay on top of things to deliver our services on time and per the highest professional standards.
Our core remodeling services
We provide design services to help you achieve your dream kitchen. Simply communicate what you want, and we will handle the rest.
We customize your design by considering everything, including your kitchen’s functionality, style, and color scheme. We have a team of architects and designers who will help you design and create an attractive kitchen that matches your vision.
After you give us an estimate of what you expect to spend, we complete a detailed budget, including all aspects of the project, and ensure it is within your budget.
Once everything is agreed upon, we make a detailed plan that includes the time frame and any details necessary for a successful project.
We leave the installation process to our professional team of installers, so you don’t have to worry about it.
The finishing touches will give your kitchen a personal touch that only you can add.
We keep you in the loop throughout the process from start to finish by communicating what needs to be completed each day.
All of our services come with a warranty from the installation date. But, you must meet our requirements.
We specialize in commercial and home improvement services, including:
- Commercial Construction
- Home Remodeling
- Home Excavation
- New Home Construction
- Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling
Our process is comprehensive and well-detailed. We leave nothing to chance and ensure that every step is done at the highest professional standards.
We are confident in our work and believe you’ll love what you see when we’re done.